Make Your Own Lures

Make Your Own Fishing Lures
Discover how you can easily make your own inexpensive and effective fishing lures with complete illustrations of plugs, bugs, spoons, spinners, jigs, sinkers and leaders.

Wild Rainbow

Wild Rainbow
One of my hand carved Lures
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why, Fishing With Poppa Tom?

Howdy Folks; If you have come to this blog I am assuming that you like fishing in some form or another and that you were surfing around looking for ideas for the coming springs fishing trips. Okay . . . Maybe not, BUT since you are here I would like to share a little of my love for fishing with you. When I was a very young lad my dad and I, and my younger brothers would go fishing once in a while and I loved it! It was a time for "male bonding" with my dad and brothers (at times my grandfather) and also with any of his friends and their kids who might be invited along. There were many beautiful days of fishing for Bass, Crappie, Trout, Pikerel, Blue Gill and nights of "Bull Head" fishing. I carved my first lures when I was a Cub Scout to earn a merit badge and I was "hooked" (no Pun intended) on carving lures especially when the lures I carved caught fish! I have always loved fishing and would grab at any chance to go. It is a wonderful pastime that takes skill, concentration and knowledge if you are to be successful at it. I also know it to be a great stress reliever! It is for me anyway. Whenever I was feeling very stressed I would head down to the brook and as soon as the hook would hit he water the stress in me would wash away with the current. I love it! It is funny how that now that I am retired I don't seem to have as much time to fish as I did when I was working full time! Something is wrong with that picture! I still love to fish but I just can't seem to get to the water to do it! I guess I have to make a more concerted effort to do so. Well anyway, I still make lures by hand and I still like to tie flies. If anyone out there would like to comment please do so. If you want to buy some of my lures please feel free to contact me. God bless you all and may you all find the time you need to go fishin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment